Thermal imaging inspections are a great tool for identifying potential problems in your new or existing commercial building. They can pick defects in your building envelope, such as damaged or missing insulation,
They’re also useful for spotting leaks in pipes, detecting moisture damage such as damp in floors walls and ceilings. Thermal imaging surveys are often used by insurance companies to determine whether there are any hidden dangers in buildings that could cause major damage such as old electrical and mechanical systems.
Common defects identified during thermal imaging inspections:
- Air Leakage Pathways – Identifying air leak paths in your building fabric during your building survey can help you keep your building warmer and more insulated, often resulting in decreased energy costs.
- Construction Defects – thermal Imaging surveys can identify construction faults such as damaged or missing insulation in cladding and/or cavity walls.
- Moisture Issues – Thermography can help identify moisture problems on the interior or exterior of the property which can affect the drying of buildings.
- Flat Roof Leaks – Thermal Surveys can help reduce the chance of possible leakage in flat roofing before it becomes a wider issue.
- Damp Issues – Using thermal cameras, you are able to accurately identify areas of damp, allowing you to target and rectify the issue from its root cause.
- Building Renovations – Thermal Imaging can help identify which parts of a building need improving, saving time and money on unnecessary restoration works.
- Leaking Pipes – thermal imaging can help you identify locations of leaking pipes in walls, floors and ceilings allowing you to quickly target and rectify the issue before it causes too much damage to your building.
We can help with your Thermal Imaging Inspection
Our experienced and highly qualified thermal imaging surveyors produce higher quality and more technically consistent thermography inspections. Our Level 3 engineers can troubleshoot, calibrate equipment, interpret data, and create reports.
Our specification includes:
- Level 3 thermographic certification
- Level 3 qualified thermographers
- Large format FLIR cameras with 45-degree lenses
Each thermal imaging report is reviewed and approved by our experienced and certified PCN Level 3 thermographers to ensure the highest quality for analysis and recommendations
If you would like further information on out thermal imaging inspection services, please contact us at 01525 303905 are or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.aptsoundtesting.co.uk and download our thermal imaging checklist