To stand the best possible chance of passing your sound testing it is important not only that you use the right products, but also you fit them correctly.
We have produced a list below of the major problem causes that normally arise during some of our previous Sound Tests, please be sure to check these off one by one (during the construction phase) for each room in the building so that problems can be solved at the earliest opportunity, thus reducing the chance of of a sound test failure.
(Some items may not apply to your construction).
1. Ensure the insulation fills the whole width of void, also pack around pipe work.
2. Ensure that the sub-floor is watertight and sealed with mastic or silicon.
3. Ensure that the plasterboard on any walls is complete right down to sub-floor, seal all gaps.
4. Ensure you use the isolation tape around the wall of each room.
5. If installing floating screed ensure all isolation layer joints are overlapped and taped.
6. Ensure that the Acoustic floor is fitted with staggered joints.
7. Ensure all the Acoustic floor is sealed watertight even around heating pipes.
8. Ensure plasterboard is fitted with staggered layers and all joints sealed.
9. Do not nail or screw through an Acoustic Floor.
10. If using Resilient Bars ensure that they are fitted as per manufacturers recommendations.
11. Do not screw plaster board into joists when using Resilient Bars.
12. Ensure all Fireplaces are blocked up with brick or plasterboard.
13. Ensure that any RSJ’s or supporting steel work is insulated and isolated from plasterboard.
14. Ensure all waste pipe service runs are boxed in with insulation and plasterboard
15. Do not fit carpets or laminated flooring before you have passed the test.
16. You must fit doors and windows before the test is carried out.
17. Please ensure 240v power is available on each floor.
18. Please ensure we have access to all areas under test, i.e for flats the plots to the sides, above and below. For houses the plots either side.
19. No building work can take place during tests.
We hope the above advice helps you prepare for the sound testing; if you would like more information in regards to sound testing please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01525 303905.