How many Sound Tests do I need on my project?

Part E of the Building Regulations for England and Wales, requires that various walls and floors are tested between adjoining dwellings. The exact number of walls requiring testing will vary depending on the overall size of the development and the amount of different types of wall or floor constructions. On a typical small to medium development consisting of up to 10 dwellings with the same partition construction should require 1 x 6 pack, which consists of 2 airborne wall tests, 2 airborne floor tests and 2 impact floor tests. on a pair of mi detached houses you may only require 2 sound tests through the walls. In most cases the rooms to be sound tested will be the two main habitable rooms which would be living rooms and bedrooms. We usually supply a full schedule of the required tests on your site to ensure you comply with Building Regulations.