Sound Test Report Information
All our testing and reportage are undertaken in strict accordance with Annexe B of Approved Document E of the Building Regulations and BS EN ISO 140-4:1998 “Field measurements of airborne sound insulation between rooms” and BS EN ISO 140-7:1998 “Field measurements of impact sound insulation of floors.”
After the sound insulation test a sound test report or certificate should be provided in compliance with Building Regulations Part E. This normally provides the following information:
- The company name and/or testers name and address that carried out the test and the accreditation held by the membership organisation.
- The client/applicant name.
- Site address.
- Plots tested
- If it was a wall or floor test.
- List of equipment used (including details on calibrated equipment) and testing technique.
- Confirmation that the test was in accordance with BS EN ISO 140 Part 4 (airborne) and Part 7 (impact).
- Measurement procedure.
- The results should be calculated in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1 and 717-2 1997. Detailed test results giving a declaration of a pass or fail.
- Date of test. The test results or certificates will be submitted to the verifier during the completion certificate process.
The test duration depends on the amount of sound insulation tests required on the project. Taking into account standard site conditions a set of two airborne wall tests (for a pair of houses) will take one to two hours. A six pack of tests on flats, consisting of two airborne walls, two airborne floor and two impact tests will take between two to three hours. Throughout the sound testing we will require full free uninterrupted access to the units/rooms in all test areas.
We offer an acoustic design service to review the construction detailing. We also offer a sample testing service along with site inspections which provides a ‘one stop acoustic solution’. We visit site during the build process to check for any workmanship issues that may cause problems during the final pre-completion sound testing.
If you would like APT Sound Testing to review your sites acoustic construction, then please speak to us about our acoustic design service, alternatively if you just require sound insulation testing please contact us at: email@example.com