Careful Acoustic Installation leads to Successful Sound Testing
It is very important that acoustic installation details are closely followed to ensure that the onsite results are as close as possible to the laboratory target. It is pointless having good acoustic design detailing if this is not carefully followed on site.
The following list explains what should during the onsite construction process to achieve a successful onsite sound tests and Part E compliance:
- Ensure that the construction team is fully briefed of the acoustic details.
- Ensure that the manufactures installation booklet is on site at all times.
- Ensure that the Acoustic floor is fitted with staggered joints.
- If you are installing floating screed ensure all isolation layer joints are overlapped and taped.
- Ensure all the Acoustic floor is sealed watertight even around heating pipes.
- Do not nail or screw through an Acoustic Floor.
- Do not screws plaster board into joists, when using a Resilient Bar system.
- Ensure the insulation fills the whole width of void
- Pack around pipe work and double board with staggered joints.
- Ensure that the plasterboard on any walls is complete right down to within 5-10mm of the subfloor and seal all gaps.
- Ensure you use the isolation tape around the wall of each room.
- Ensure plasterboard is fitted with staggered layers and all joints sealed.
- If using Resilient Bars ensure that they are fitted as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensure all Fireplaces are blocked up with brick or a twin lined plasterboard system and filled with acoustic insulation.
- Ensure that any RSJ’s or supporting steel work is insulated and isolated from plasterboard.
- Ensure all waste pipe service runs are boxed in with insulation and plasterboard.
- Ensure all doors and windows are installed before the test is carried out, to stop noise transference.
We offer an acoustic design service which includes site visits to make sure the acoustic elements are being installed as per the manufacturer’s guidelines. If you are worried about passing your sound testing at the first attempt please don’t hesitate to contact us now at: email@example.com or call Darren Direct on 07775623464.