In our experience acoustic design and sound testing on conversion projects don’t need to be problematic. If you are currently in the process converting offices and/or houses info flats or ‘Rooms for Residential Use’, then its very important that the acoustic design is embraced from the start of the project.
Air Pressure Testing have many years of experience in providing acoustic design and sound insulation testing in a comprehensive package designed to help you meet the legal requirements of Building Regulations Part E.
As a multi UKAS accredited company, you can be sure that all our services are undertaken to the highest laboratory standards. The types of projects that need to comply with Approved Document E for conversion projects or ‘Rooms for Residential Use’ are:
- House to flat conversions
- Commercial building to flat conversions.
- Hotels and hostels
- Boarding houses
- Halls of residence
- Residential homes
We can offer you the following services to help your development comply with Approved Document E:
- We review the architect’s drawings to check the required acoustic principles have been followed and meet the requirements of Approved Document E.
- We undertake a site visit and analyse the current state of building construction. And to check there are no site specific construction problems that may affect the acoustic performance of the building.
- We under take sample sound testing to check the sound insulation properties of the buildings existing floors and walls.
- We will provide you with a full and detailed acoustic design report that outlines which acoustic treatments taking into account the most cost and buildability.
- We will provide ongoing support and site visits to assist the builder/consultant to ensuring that the level of detail required is met and deal with any ongoing issues that may arise.
- We will undertake the final precompletion sound testing to achieve compliance with Approved Document E.
We’ve successfully guided our clients through hundreds of different conversion projects helping our clients achieve compliance with Approved Document E.